- VA Loan:
- Designed to offer long-term financing to American veterans, VA mortgage loans are issued by federally qualified lenders and are guaranteed by the U.S. Veterans Administration. The VA determines eligibility and issues a certificate to qualifying applicants to submit to their mortgage lender of choice. It is generally easier to qualify for a VA loan than conventional loans.
Here’s how it works:
- 100% financing without private mortgage insurance or a second mortgage.
- A VA funding fee of up to 3.3% (this fee may be financed) of the loan amount is paid to the VA unless Veteran is exempt.
- When purchasing a home, veterans may borrow up to 100% of the sales price or reasonable value of the home, whichever is less up to $484,350
- When refinancing a home, veterans may borrow up to 100% of reasonable value in order to refinance where state law allows.
Apply for a VA Loan.